Thursday, April 3, 2008

Flying Scot Midwinter Photos by Photoboat.com


These people do a great job getting right in the action with their small, fast inflatable boats. I purchased a CD from them with a lot of great shots and posted a couple of them here. If you click the image it should go full screen and be really clear and sharp. Go to their website to see the rest of the Midwinters shots and many other regattas as well. The link is in the right column.


Here we are trying to break the boom!




A little fast reaching before the start to rinse off the crew, she loved that



Taking aim at that pesky little inflatable boat, missed again



Moving along in a nice puff, with the pole too low, I hate it when that happens


This one made it into my batch of photos so for equal time I posted it. Coincidentally, I purchased a used set of North sails from Joe (the skipper)a few years ago.


What the heck is this? See the comments below. This is Veranda owner of the "boat pole of speed". For more of thier adventure see my links in the right column. I wonder what is wrong with the mainsail?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude that yellow north chute looks blazing!!! 5504 kite looks like a pumpkin...sorry

Unknown said...

Funny how a different pole position can make two Identical North chutes look totally different. They are both the airex radial design, I added another shot for comparison. I'd rather have his since mine has the big repair near the starboard clew.

S/V Veranda said...

Next time we see you maybe we could show you how to set up the boat pole of speed. Great Pictures.

Unknown said...

"The boat pole of speed" I can hardly wait to learn more about that one.