Monday, October 26, 2009

Flying Scot Regattas are On Sale! Now!

What's this you say? You already knew the Miami regatta had no entry fee, plus it happened already. The other Florida District regattas are only $50 to $60 or so, how much less could they be?

I may be a little late to this party but I just scored another Hotel deal from Priceline. So the regattas themselves may not be on sale but the most expensive part of traveling is hotel rooms and there are some deals to be had.

I just did my first "name your price" deal on Priceline a couple weeks ago. We snagged a room at the Doubletree in Naples for $45, check that, it was a suite. Not one, but two nice flat screen TV's, marble countertops, WiFi, very nice pool, a really nice bed and best of all; free warm chocolate chip cookies at the front desk when you check in! I don't know what they thought of old Pig Pen lounging around in their parking lot but nobody said a word.

So this weekend we are going to Lake Norman NC to do the Fall 48 and we could camp or get a room. Hmmmmmmm, camp or room. Checking the weather and seeing nightly low temps forecasted to be mid forties, and camping is quickly losing it's rustic appeal. So, I decided to check out Priceline again, I chose 2 1/2 stars and the small area near the lake, and for good karma, tried $45 again. After entering the offer a red pop-up appears informing me that my low bid has little chance of being accepted. So I paused a moment and remembered about the tent being plan B and hit the submit button. A minute or two of suspense later and poof my bid was accepted! Nice. This time they booked us in a Fairfield Inn which was the highest rated hotel in that area, sounds good so far. Curious about the "normal rate" I checked online and saw that room available for $89. Cool.

The only real drawback I see to this method is the rooms are not refundable, I can live with that.

So maybe you are on the fence about attending the Florida District Sarasota Regatta Nov. 7 and 8.Ok, you will have to race against these two guys...
and Susan and John might kick your butt...

Maybe the lure of the aqua blue water, perfect sea-breeze, some free drinks, a pile of good food and great Scot racing wasn't enough to nudge you along....What if the Hotels were On Sale Now?!

Get Busy!

No comments: