Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Florida District Championship 2009-10

This past weekend in Tampa was the last regatta of the six which make up the Florida District Championship for the Flying Scot Class. We were fortunate to finish well enough to beat out Robby Brown for the Championship.

To celebrate this feat we promptly decided to get a computer virus! I thought I had it healed on Tuesday but the first time I opened Internet Explorer it was back. More downloading, scanning and a ton of cursing and (crossing my fingers) I think we may have it whipped.

So let me think about this... I have a firewall, I get windows updates as soon as they come out, I mostly use Firefox which is supposed to be more secure and I pay for a subscription to McAFee anti virus/security center. All of this and some _________ virus which has been around for at least six months gets through! WTF!!

Maybe it is a really some conspiracy to keep me from bragging endlessly on this site about the BIG win...

How come Al Gore didn't invent a safer internet?

Details are on the Florida District site

Out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bug...schmug...we want details!congrats piggy. suey

Bob and Bren said...

Congrats to you and Kim on a great season. Well Done!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments and emails.!!